Digit88 is a niche product engineering consulting company based out of Bangalore with experience of establishing and managing offshore development centers for US start-ups and MNCs over the last 6+ years. The founding team has 50+ years of product engineering and services experience out of India, China and the US.
Digit88 is establishing a dedicated offshore product development team for its US (Boston) based HealthTech partner to build a new caregiver management software and service designed to help families take care of their loved ones. You would be one of the early team members to help us kickstart the initiative and lead our foray into setting up a brand new product delivery team for our partner.
Digit88 is looking for a Senior PHP/Laravel Developer to expand the backend engineering team. As a Lead PHP/Laravel Developer, you will be responsible for developing and coding all server-side logic, REST APIs, own application/data security aspects (both code level and infrastructure) and handle deployments on AWS as needed. You would be working directly with a team of executives who excel at creating world class products.
- Writing back-end code and building the core business logic for the mobile backend.
- Writing REST APIs to support the business use cases and application flows
- Introducing Laravel application/code best practices and enforcing in the team
- Owning the tech platform and deployments
- Troubleshooting application and code issues.
- Responding to integration requests from front-end developers.
- Updating and altering application features to enhance performance.
- BE/BTech Computer Science or MCA with 5-8 years of hands on experience in building scalable web applications on the LAMP Stack specifically with Laravel as a framework.
- Proven expertise in PHP based MVC frameworks and building large scale, high availability SaaS applications from ground up.
- Strong Experience in PHP & Laravel with Eloquent and Blade for templating
- Expert level with Webserver setup/management with at least one of Nginx, Tomcat including troubleshooting and setup on a cloud environment.
- Strong Linux skills with troubleshooting, monitoring and log file setup/analysis experience.
- Expertise with server deployment on AWS and related technologies.
- Branching and Version Control best practices
- Previous experience creating scalable applications that scale upto hundreds of thousands of users per day.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL and Graph databases, specifically MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB.
Good to have:
- Hands on experience with one or more of Vue.js, Angular or React.JS or similar frontend frameworks will be a big plus.
Additional Project/Soft Skills:
- Product from scratch experience: at least 2 products, should be able to work independently with India & US based team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication with ability to articulate problems and solutions over phone and emails.
- Strong sense of urgency, with a passion for accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to work independently and possess superior skills in issue resolution.
Benefits & working @ Digit88
- Comprehensive health and accident insurance
- Attractive pay package
- Bonus/Revenue share opportunities
- Creative, flexible and rewarding work environment
- Opportunity to work with a founding team of serial entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits to their credit.
- The learning will be immense just as will the challenges!