Digit88 is a niche product engineering consulting company based out of Bangalore with experience of establishing and managing offshore development centers for US start-ups and MNCs over the last 6+ years. The founding team has 50+ years of product engineering and services experience out of India, China and the US.
Digit88 manages and is expanding the dedicated offshore product development team for its US (Bay Area, NYC) based client partner, that is building a next-generation AI/NLP/Chatbots based customer engagement platform. You would be working directly with a world class team of executives who excel at creating industry leading and cutting edge products.
Digit88 is looking for a Senior Android Middleware/SDK Developer for our offshore engineering centre for our Seattle, US based client partner that is a leader in Conversational AI. Responsibility will include taking ownership of and developing and enhancing the Android SDK and supporting its integration with end user client applications. As a Lead/Senior Android Engineer you'll be tasked with writing elegant and well-structured code and creating thoughtful design with scalability and maintainability. You'll be empowered to provide user design feedback for UX designers and collaborate closely with designers, QA, and product managers. Will work on a cutting-edge app that will be used by millions of consumers.
- As Senior Engineer, drive the design and development of advanced SDK & applications for the Android platform
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team (PM, UX, engineering, science) team to transform user stories into prototypes & production code
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work in a 24/7 production environment supporting a live product including troubleshooting, client interaction and planning
- Work closely with US engineering team and leadership
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Work with CRM systems and APIs integration
- Thoughtfully apply UI design principles & best practices for Android
- Building an app with best engineering practices
- Identifying & eliminating performance and scale issues that ripple from front-end to back-end
- Get involved in end to end product development.
- BE/BTech - CS or MCA with at least 5-8 years hands on experience in building complex Android apps & SDKs
- Strong in core Java, Data Structures, Collections
- Strong knowledge of Data Storage, SQLite
- Experience with designing APIs and working with RESTful, WebSocket, SSE and long polling
- Hands on experience in building SDKs for high-performance applications
- Strong coding skills & ability to perform in a dynamic, agile & entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with designing APIs and working with RESTful, Websocket, SSE and long polling
- Strong practical experience with applying design patterns, multi-threading concepts to solve complex problems
- Hands-on independent programmer with experience in International product development.
- Consumer facing, enterprise or big brand app development experience and ideally one or two personal projects or significant open source contributions
- Deep knowledge and understanding of client-side architecture and experience building large scale applications
- Experience with MVC/MVVM
Good to have:
- Experience/understanding of server side development is a plus
- Experience in React Native/Flutter/NativeScript is a plus
- Experience /Knowledge with and other CRMs and integration is a huge plus
Additional Project/Soft Skills:
- Product from scratch experience: at least 2 products, should be able to work independently with India & US based team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication with ability to articulate problems and solutions over phone and emails.
- Strong sense of urgency, with a passion for accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to work independently and possess superior skills in issue resolution.
Benefits & Working at Digit88
- Comprehensive health and accident insurance
- Attractive pay package
- Bonus/Revenue share opportunities
- Creative, flexible and rewarding work environment
- Opportunity to work with a founding team of serial entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits to their credit. The learning will be immense just as will the challenges